5 Ideas for Fabulous Fall Table Settings
I love this time of year - and fall decor is beautiful to me with all of the natural references and the spice colors. Here are some great ideas for setting your tables for fall:
1. Monochrome White. Simple and dramatic. Paired with white china and clear stemware, this is the perfect “not fall” fall table setting.
2. Rustic Minimalism. A single turned leaf, bound with twine, is the perfect minimal way to greet fall. Love the enamelware mug, and wood stem flatware too. So homey.
3. Fall Mums. No longer relegated to grandma’s house, fall mums are back in fashion again. This is a large mum on a front porch, but easily recreated with smaller pots from Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods to use as table centerpieces. So easy too! Burlap, twine, and go!
4. Fall’s Greatest Hits. Pine cones, Indian Corn, and petite squash are fall’s bounty and should be used with abundance. The great thing about all these ingredients is they’ll last from early October, straight through Thanksgiving. This centerpiece is perfect for the family table, or casual meals at the kitchen island.
5. Organic Maximalism. This is how I want my Thanksgiving sideboard to look. A living cornucopia of the sights, scents, and tastes of fall. Pyracantha, rose hips, and russet autumn branches in abundance.
Of course, you can pare down the organic maximalism a bit, but keep the russet tones going, using the same ingredients to make a more manageable centerpiece. Paired with aged silver accents, your fall tablescape will sing with with colors of autumn. In an elegant, organically, maximal way, of course.
For more table setting tips and inspiration, please visit my “Tablescapes” Pinterest board.