Designing the Perfect Garden Party
It’s the perfect time of year for dining al fresco or hosting backyard BBQs. But there is a method to designing a great outdoor event, so here are my top tips for making the most of summer weather!
1. Be sure you have plenty of comfy seats. Guests want to mix and mingle, but they also will want to sit down and enjoy themselves, so be sure there are enough seats for all.
2. There should be enough tables for plates and drinks, too. Although most outdoor events are casual, you still want to entertain as you would indoors.
3. For an extra-special event, consider bringing the indoors out, with lamps, rugs, upholstery and more! It’s a bit more work, but creates an amazing venue.
4. Remember the color – you can go bright and bold outside! So be sure to add in a great hue that makes people feel festive!
5. Mix high and low! Use mismatched chairs and an old piece of wood for a table, but then bring out your china, crystal, and flatware. It’s a great celebratory look!
See how a little thought and some interior design ideas can give you an outdoor party to remember? Let me know what your favorite al fresco gatherings are!