5 New Design Books to Buy
You know how much I love to curl up with a design book and take note of new ideas and inspiration. I love to pass that inspiration on to you as well. Today I want to share my must-have design books for spring and summer. These titles are full of gorgeous takes on all kinds of spaces so get your hands on them as soon as you can.
1. The Decorated Home by Meg Braff. Meg is a talented friend of mine, and in this book she gives her formula for creating rooms that are livable and gorgeous!
2. How They Decorated: Inspiration from the Great Women of the Twentieth Century offers a beautiful collection of rooms and homes that belonged to iconic women of the last 100 years, including Pauline Trigère, Sybil Connolly, Vita Sackville-West, Gloria Vanderbilt, and Georgia O’Keeffe.
3. The New Chic: French Style from Today’s Leading Interior Designers is a fascinating look at a style that continues to be a favorite for designers and homeowners alike.
4. Don’t miss Modernique, an amazing book by my friend Julia Buckingham. If you love the vintage look, but you want to keep it fresh and modern, this title is an absolute must-have.
5. I have a soft spot for Heart and Home: Rooms that Tell Stories. The most remarkable design is the kind that has a greater depth of meaning behind it. This books pays homage to that philosophy and underscores the idea that rooms have a narrative — a wonderful read! And if you remember the original Metropolitan Home magazine, the author was one of its iconic style setters!
Put these on your reading list for the spring – you won’t be sorry!