5 Tips for the Perfect Shelfie
Nothing looks more scattered and disorganized than shelves with books and objects shoved in any old way. It’s a look that can ruin and otherwise gorgeous room! Well-styled shelves have become so popular that there’s even a term for photos of them – shelfies.
If you want a great shelfie, too, I have 5 tips that will take your shelves from cluttered to creative!
1. Sort by color. Those book jackets are beautiful, so use them to your advantage! Arrange book jackets by color, and even consider slotting in an objet or two in the same hue.
2. Mix it up. Use a perfect balance of horizontal and vertical stacks of books, as well as a combo of art, books, and accessories.
3. Get the big picture. Take a step back and look at the shelving unit as a whole. You want a balance on each shelf, and as the shelves relate to each other!
4. Let it breathe. It’s fine to have some space in the shelves! It lets each item shine on its own. And I love this neutral palette, too!
5. Add color. You can also have some fun with the back wall on your shelves. Add color with a fun paint or even wallpaper!
Try these tips to create gorgeous shelfies in your home!